Thursday, February 17, 2011

Death of camera and other stories

My camera gave up on life, should have known this was going to happen since it's night sight had already gone bad and sometimes it wouldn't wake up at all. Then there came the day that it just didn't wake up from it's sleep. Well...obviously I can't go without a camera so me and Miss Frida went to Centro and purchased a brand new one, shiny and pretty. To tell you a word or two about Centro: during day it's busy, people on the streets selling goods and no goods, going to work or taking a stroll. At around 6 PM people rush to the metro and get themself out of Centro, because during the night the crooks come out. We drove through it on our way from the airport and it looked like no mans land, totally empty!

We've also been on a "favela"\forest tour. We had just had one to many caipirinha the night before so we woke up around 1 hour before the tour was SUPPOSED to start (of course it then went 1 hour after planned). Favelas are built in the hills and we were walking so high up that the air was almost too thin. Then after passing the favelas we reached the forest...with all it's bugs and flies. It was a fest for them cause that day they had a free buffey....namely me. I truly did enjoy it, walking and climbing, seeing some monkeys and all that jazz but afterwards I had bites on the most unlikely and likely places one can think of. The other ones on the other hand did not have any....guess my blood is real yummi (which means that when the vampires appear finally, i'll me super popular and probably get the hottest vampire guy eeeever).

Actually it was the night before the favela tour that we had a beach party with the capoeiristas. And it was so much fun. Singing, dancing, talking and enjoying the view of handsome men was enjoyable. Always is.

On saturday night we went to a huge samba party. At first I was a bit shy entering the floor but then I was shaking every part of my body like I was fabulously possessed. Around 70 percent of the men in that club were not straight...oh no. The Icelandic guy from the danish capoeira group was very popular among them. Fabulous gays and transies were in majority and then there was a minor drag show. Gotta love.  I was asked about my scars (quite frequently) which is normal but instead boring them with the real story I told that I had been attacked by a polar bear and THEY BOUGHT IT. I'm using this from now on. And then I tell them that I have the skin hangin on my wall...muhahahah

Other wise life has been relatively easy going. Me and Miss Frida have been training and studying the last days and will do the following days. Will go to Lapa though and look at the tile...something something and party. Yes, party...cause the parties in Lapa are said to be very good.

Oh, I cannot forget to tell you this traumatic life experiance i had. I was going to get a knife in one of the drawer. As I was opening it...and about to reach for a knife a cockroach poked is head out to say hello. Ughughughugh.....Closed the drawer immediatly and worked with out the knife...obviously they're crawwwling with parasites.

But apart from all....life is great except for the fucking the bites the itchiness that follows. That's kinda busting the beauty of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment