Thursday, September 25, 2014

In the beginning....

So, yesterday I went to my new knitting club and up came the topic on blogs. Turns out there is this danish lady who has a blog and blogs about her husband among other things. She just quit her day job cause she can live of her blog.....she got a car, just like that, cause she sits down once in a while and writes about stuff she does (or the free things she gets).  And it's not like she's a stunt actress or shark diver...she likes jewelry. I mean really....

So here is my attempt to get a free car. I truly believe my life is so interesting that you all are dying to spare some time to read about it. Especially given the fact that I'm on maternity leave and my days evolve about getting as much boobjuice into the miracle, feeding the dog and the cat and getting some knitting/crocheting done.  Exciting stuff!

Who knows, maybe I'll throw in a picture or two...selfies, since that's the new thing.

What is about those selfies anyway...I'm putting on my pensioner hat now, so bear with me or go and flip through your instagram, #selfies. They bug me to no end. I mean, really....these selfies people spend hours on hours taking their OWN picture; in the bathroom, in the car, on the toilet, in the changing room, in an elevator, on the street, buying nuts, buying milk, in the morning, in the evening, in the middle of the day. I wonder if they have a picture of themselves hanging behind each corner in their own house, cause surely they can't get enough of themselves.

I'll have to admit I have taken a few selfies myself, these times when I wonder if I could ever be model or if I find myself looking exceptionally beautiful.....these selfies usually prove that I probably did choose the right carrier when I chose veterinary medicine over modeling and I guess I'm just more beautiful in the mirror then on a picture....so be it.

Maybe it's a good thing, these selfies, people should be allowed to feel good about themselves. They should feel good about themselves but somehow I get the feeling that selfies are taken by the pretty crowd, you know the once that win prom queen, the once that always smell really good, those with really soft hair...could we call them "the more privileged"? Making the other ones look in the mirror and questioning their own look? Am I off track here? Listen, I'm not saying that taking a picture of yourself once in a while is a bad thing, but jeysus....posting a picture of your very own self every 30 min....we get it, YOU'RE SOO HOT AND YOUR HAIR IS SO FRIGGIN STRAIGHT AND SOFT.

Peace and love to y'all


1 comment: